Saturday, June 09, 2007

Home again...

This evening at 9pm I returned back to Grand Rapids, MI after another long day of flying. I figured out that in the last five months I have been on 18 flights. I am ready to stay in one place for a little while. Right now though I am not sure what to think about being home. It all seems like a dream. And it all is a little overwhelming. For the first time in five months I will be sleeping in a room with no one else. My bedroom is filled with my books, clothes, and is a really big mess. I saw my parents, sister, and Kyle tonight for the first time in five months. It all just seems so crazy. Yet it is also exciting.
But on the other hand it is really sad. I had to say good-bye to people yesterday and today that I will not see for a long time and some of them I may never see again. It was much harder then I thought it would be to say good-bye to all of them. At graduation last night during the first worship song I just began to cry because of how amazing God is. He brought together 15 students and 10 staff from around the world, with totally different backgrounds, personalities, dreams, and passions. He brought them together for a season and for one purpose and that was to know God and to make Him known. And that is exactly what happened. We all grew in our own walks of knowing God better. But we also made God known in the central coast, Kenya, Rwanda, and even the places we travelled to get there. It is just so amazing how our God works. I feel so blessed that God choose me out of all the Christians in the world to be a part of that experience and that season. It is sad as this season has ended because we won't all be together. But it is also exciting that this season has ended because now we get the joy of seeing God work in and through each other in new ways.
Right now I am just filled with so many emotions. But I do just want to praise and thank God for the season of my life that He has just brought me through. May I never forget it...

1 comment:

willinpismo said...

what happened to your blogging....i keep looking and nothing to report