Thursday, March 22, 2007

Love Fest, Rocklin, San Fran, Modesto, Camping and Photography class…

So much has been going on lately I have not even really had time to tell you all about it. So I am going to try to recap the last few weeks for you so you can know what I have been up to. For Valentine’s Day we had a big love fest. We all got dressed up one night and had a wonderful meal together. It was a great time. Here are some pictures for that night.

This is all the girls at Love Fest.

This is all the boys plus our speaker for that week Joel.

Here are four amazing girls Kara, Rhiannon, Shelly, and Crystal.

For the first weekend in March I took a very long train and bus ride to Rocklin, California to visit my Uncle John, Aunt Kendra, and cousins, Kevin, Kyle, and Kaleb. I had a great weekend with them. I got to watch Kyle and Kaleb play basketball. I got to go out for frozen yogurt at the place where Kevin works. We also celebrated my birthday with a wonderful meal and bowling. And on the last day I even got to play a little tennis in the sun. It was great! I don’t have any pictures from that weekend yet. But I hope to get a few from my Aunt Kendra. It was a great weekend and I really enjoyed getting away from YWAM world and spending time with my family.
From Rocklin I took the train to San Francisco where I met up with the rest of my team. We spent the next week at the San Francisco YWAM base. We got to do a little shopping, see the sights and I got to go out to the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday. We all had a great week there. Here are a few of the pictures that I took during that week.

Here is Crystal and I in front of the Golden Gate bridge.

We spent a day at Fisher's Wharf and Pier 39. It was fun!

From San Francisco our team drove to Modesto, California which is a small town about an hour and a half east of San Fran. There we worked with the Modesto YWAM base. They are a newer, smaller base but we got to help them reach their community. On Saturday we worked on their church grounds cleaning things up and putting together a community garden. We planted lots of vegetables in the garden and when they are harvested it will all be given to the homeless people in Modesto. We also had a big BBQ on 9th street for some of the homeless people that live around there. It was a wonderful weekend and here are a few pictures from that.



Cat working hard moving all the weeds that the girls pulled out.

Crystal working on the community garden.

Jimmy a leader in Modesto helping his daughter in the garden.

Rhiannon and I at the BBQ.

This past weekend we went camping. We went just to relax for a little bit and to have some more team bonding time. We drove up highway 1 all along the coast until we got to this great camp ground. On Saturday we drove to a national park about 15 miles up the road and did some hiking. It was absolutely beautiful! I really enjoy camping even if it was a little cold. Here are a few pictures from that weekend.



All of these were of hiking through the woods. It was wonderful and when we got to end we got to see this great waterfall.

This is Will and Eli standing on Highway 1 after hiking.

During all of this crazy busyness I still have had photography class so I wanted to share with you a few pictures that I took during class. Enjoy!

Candles in the mission in San Louis.

A waterfall at the mission.

This is Cameron our photography teacher. He has his own wedding photography business here in the central coast. He has been amazing!

This is Cat, she was our model for a day.

This is a funny picutre for those who understand cameras. This is a very small camera with a very big lens. It is Will's camera with Cameron's lens on it. The lens costs at least twice as much as the camera it self.

This is a picture that Will took of me. I really liked it so I thought I would share it with you all.

In just a little less then two weeks we leave for Africa. I am getting pretty excited but I am also still a little nervous about the whole thing. In the next week I will be sending out a little bit more information about what we are doing in Africa and where we will be going. For now, thank you for your support, prayers, love, and encouragement. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: