Tuesday, April 01, 2008

change...

I am normally the type of person that embraces change. I have moved every six months for the last four years. I have lived in three different states and even went to a different country for two months. I have met tons of new people and I keep wondering if my circle of friends can even get bigger. All of this has been wonderful. I have enjoyed the change. It has been hard for me to stay in one place for more then six months because I get anxious to do something else, something new and to have a change.
Since coming home from YWAM I have become very comfortable here with where I at, what I am doing, and who is around me, which is a huge surprise because I never thought I would enjoy living in GR. But now I believe that I am on the brink of some big change. Whatever way this situation goes it is going to bring change. And to be completely honest I am terrified of this change. My stomach has been in knots for days. I have hardly eaten anything. Sleep is a lost art. I can’t remember the last time I was this nervous and anxious for change. It also does not really help that it is like the most stressful week of the semester for me (for those that don’t know I went back to school for a semester so that I could graduate with something).
My request in all of this is prayer. Please pray that the Lord would give me peace about the change ahead in whatever form it comes. Pray that God would speak to me and those involved about what change needs to happen. Pray that He would make His will so abundantly clear that there is no other option but to fall before God and praise Him for speaking and giving direction.
Thank you for your prayers!


Added Note: A year ago today was the day that I arrived in Kenya, Africa. It was during my time in Africa that I had some of the most life changing experiences of my life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my time there, the people I met, the people I went with, and how God worked. I feel so blessed that God called me there for those two months and provided everything I needed to go. We have an awesome God!

No comments: